Friday 11 April 2014

Healthy Banana Pancakes!

Yay, it's Friday!!! 

To celebrate, I whipped up an impromptu post-workout treat in the form of clean banana pancakes! They were spontaneous but so delicious, so thought I'd share the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Large Ripe Bananas
2 Eggs
5 Tbsp's Oats (I used porridge oats)
1 Tsp Almond Butter
Pinch of Cinnamon
Pinch of Baking Powder
A Small Amount of Coconut Oil (to cook them in)

There's no difficulty involved in the making of these beauties, and I would know, as I'm generally a terrible cook! So no excuses.

Simply mash the banana, whisk the egg and blend both together using a fork. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients, and voila! You have your mix ready in no longer than 10 minutes.



Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a frying pan, and spoon the pancakes mix into the heated pan.



I got a bit carried away watching Hollyoaks (multitasking at its finest) and sort of burnt the first sides.

Oops! 



The second sides turned out a lot better. Learning from my mistakes!


You can add whatever tickles your fancy, but I used the following to top them off:

Choc Shot - my new found favourite chocolate condiment...and it's all natural! (Click here for a full post on Choc Shot, Three Ways)
Raspberries
Chopped Roasted Hazelnuts
Pecans


And this was the outcome... orrrrrrgasmic in taste and look.





I enjoyed them with a cup of green tea and my favourite magazine.

Try them! And if you don't like, I will personally come over and apologise. Or buy you a drink for providing you with false information. Your choice.

How do you enjoy your pancakes?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment