Wednesday 29 October 2014

First Date OOTD

I've found a new hobby in the form of dating. It's fun, you get to meet new people (sometimes like-minded individuals & other times those who are the literal opposite of your every existence) and most importantly, you get a free evening out! 

Just kidding. I'm not David Cameron. 

I thought I'd do a quick outfit post showing what I wore on a first date recently. We went to a cute little pub in Clapham where a man strummed his guitar and sung sweet melodies into the mic (that's microphone, not Made in Chelsea for my fellow MIC fans out there), as we sipped on a bottle of their finest (house) white. I had to stop myself from getting up there and joining him! 

Seeing as it was just drinks, I opted for a simple, monochrome outfit. Simple yet classy. The key is to not wear anything too revealing (I cringe at my uni days...were they pants or shorts I wore to the clubs?!). 

The backless top and ripped jeans provided a subtle flash-of-flesh. 

Mmmmm knees....sexy. 

Being comfortable is also important. This outfit allowed me to breathe, and I do like to breathe. Oxygen and ting should not be overrated. Also, comfort = confidence! So remember that folks when you find yourself trying to squeeze into that mini bodycon LBD or those leather pants that are a (few) sizes too small. There's a time and a place. 









I Am Wearing

Top - Asos (buy here)
Jeans - Topshop (buy here)
Coat (Battersea Car Boot last year!)
Shoes - H&M (buy here - they're now on sale!)
Bag - Zara (no longer available - similar here)
Nails - Rimmel 60 Seconds in 'Rapid Ruby' (buy here)

A second date is on the cards so stay tuned for more outfit posts! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment