Saturday 15 November 2014

How We Do (Party)

Those of you who know me will know that a few of my favourite things are my family & friends, singing & dancing...and drinking. So of course I was very excited for another reason to embrace all of the above on the special occasion of Lynda's 60th birthday (my dads cousins' wife). Who else can relate to having a bigger extended family than the brady bunch? I guess it comes with being of Irish descent...my grandad was the youngest of 11! Ratings to my great grandmother for squeezing eleven children out of her lady parts. Ouch.

My dad, sister, granny, another one of dads cousins and I crammed into a cosy (crowded) car and set off for Rugby yesterday afternoon. Fact of the day: the sport, rugby, originated there. Who'd have thought eh?

Four hours later, we dragged our limp limbs out of the car and leapt up the stairs to get ready to partay. I love staying in new places: the hotel was holding a wedding reception and obvs had me day dreaming about my big day, one day, with the one.

After a rush of makeup re-application, a panic at the thought I might have to rock my Nike frees to the party as I couldn't find my platforms (turns out they were in the back of the car boot) and a minor squabble with the sis (standard), we headed to the bar Lynda and Johnny had hired out in a coach which bought back memories of my aunty's wedding last year. 

The dance floor lit up with disco lights and the *free* drink flowed (the perks of partying with your nearest and dearest!) 

Highlights of the night: 

My uncle John trying his first sambuca shot...


and this reaction...


My sister wanting to spend time with me (15 and she wears the trousers in our relationship)... 


My little cousin Dolly aka Buzz lightyear. She sure did rescue that dancefloor at the start of the night...



Johnny's speech for Linda. The. Cutest. Ever. Forget the bass...it's all about that love, Meghan Trainor. 

The food. Oh my, I've never tasted anything quite like those cheesey potato skins. They'll be on my mind for a long long time (I was too busy eating it to take pictures). 

My dad singing (this is unheard of).

My granny's Irish dancing. She's just so great.

The DJ's enthusiasm (Megan!)

...and this face...


Some more snaps...















I do love ma fam.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Friday! Is it just me or has this month gone insanely quick? 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Great post! really nice pictures :)

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candice :) Just browsing your blog now- love your splurge vs steal post! I've followed you on Bloglovin.

      Nish xoxo

      Delete