Tuesday 11 November 2014

How To Achieve The Kylie Jenner Lip

The Kardashians. Like marmite, you either love them or you hate them. Personally, I fall into the former category. 

Regardless of whether you loathe their every existence or secretly want to be them (any will do), I'm sure you're all aware of Kylie Jenner's lips being the subject of many gossip magazines, beauty guru's blogs and chatters with the gals for some time now. Has she or hasn't she had lip fillers? That is the question (soz Shakespeare). You can see that trout pout from all the way over here in East Sheen, and that's saying something (credits to the people who actually know where the fuck Sheen is). 

And I hate to say it, but she's quickly becoming my fave of the Kardashian clan. Kendall's structured cheekbones & stick thin model figure, Kim's bootay, Khloe's hair & 'I don't take no shit' attitude and Kourtney's relationship (if Scott ever decides to leave the brunette beauty I'll be first in line for a bit of Lord Disick action) got nothing on Kylie and those lips though...



Just look at them! She is heavenly. And I am majorly girl crushing. 

I've found the perfect lip liner / lipstick combo, both from Mac, to help achieve the signature Kylie lip. Oh so juicy, oh so plump.  

Mac Lip liner in Soar: I apply this beautiful matte rosey mauve colour all over the lips (spoiler alert: apparently it's the exact shade Kylie uses!). It's great because although it's matte, it doesn't dry out my lips or emphasise dry lips which tend to make an appearance this time of year! This is the first lip liner by Mac that I've tried, but it definitely won't be the last. Winner. 

Mac Lipstick in Honeylove: This is a light beige toned rosey nude and I think this and soar lip liner compliment each other perfectly. It's also matte so don't worry, once it's on, it's oonnnnnn (for a good while at least!)



The result: 




I tried (and failed) the Kylie pout. Here was my best shot...


My teeth are just too big #buckteeth

I'll stick to ma big cheesey grin!


This lip is so wearable and I'm obsessed. When I'm not rocking a bold lip, I'm rocking this bad boy.

Let me know if you've found any good dupes / alternative colours to recreate the Kylie lip because I'd love to try!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna have to try the Soar lip liner, it looks amazing! I love Kylie's look too :)

    JJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I love it! Definitely going to be buying lots more mac lip liners. I see a new obsession forming haha... X

      Delete