Monday 19 August 2013

One Yellow Dress, Three Different Looks

Okay so I'm going to attempt to do my first style post but seeing as I'm no Einstein when it comes to technology, don't expect anything outstanding. But I've promised myself I will learn!

I was at work today and I couldn't stop thinking about my Missguided order that I knew would be delivered. I am a big fan of online shopping for two simple reasons:

1) The ease and simplicity of the whole thing; how with one click of that button, 'add to bag', results in a considerable amount of happiness and a whole new wardrobe (yes, I do get carried away).

2) The guilt-free feeling. For some unbeknown reason, the absence of physically handing over my card to a cashier behind the counter of the likes of Topshop means that I can convince myself that the majority of the months pay wasn't actually spent on clothes...so much so in fact that when those dreaded words 'card declined' pop up, I genuinely think that my account has been hacked. Denial denial denial. And I will probably continue with this denial for years to come. 

...BUT, the one thing I hate almost as much as the guilty feeling that comes with going to clothes stores (and the effort of dragging myself around the shops of Central London on a busy Saturday afternoon) is the inevitable disappointment that comes with online shopping. Like when the beautiful coral dress you ordered ends up making you resemble something less Cara Delevingne-esque and more Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. FAIL.

So anyway, I ordered this yellow dress on the off chance that it might possibly turn out as pretty and well-made as it looks on the website. And I was extremely happy with it so thought I'd do a post of three different looks I've composed:

Casual Chick






Dress- Missguided 
Shirt- Primark
Necklace- Topshop
Shoes- Nike
Watch- Michael Kors
Ring- Topshop 
Sunglasses- Topshop

Party Bitch






Dress- Missguided
Shoes- Missguided
Watch- Michael Kors 
Earrings- Primark 

Uptown Girl






Dress- Missguided
Blazer- Primark
Shoes- Primark
Watch- Michael Kors 


Here is the link to the dress - Missguided Yellow Bodycon Dress ...not bad for £19.99! It also comes in mint but I am loving yellow at the moment...especially with the recent heatwave. When I wear it I feel like the sun, and that makes me happy :)

And now it's bedtime for me...two day hangovers are not the one. I guess I should expect it now that I'm 22...I can't help but feel old!

Nighty night for now

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Loving the dress babe - so summery!!!
    And I'm so excited for your blog - amazing work! ;)
    XOXO K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you babe!! I am going to reply to your inbox now :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete