Friday 14 March 2014

This Week in Pictures: New Hair, New Discoveries

I don't know about you, but this week has gone super duper fast *queue my poor American accent impression*.

On Saturday, I finally gave my big bush of hair a much needed grooming. And yes, I'm talking about the hair on my head, for all those who squealed at the thought of it being something else (I don't blame you, I'd squeal too!)

Well I say me, but it was really a lovely woman called Amanda who works at Timothy Williams on Church Road in Barnes. I was lucky enough to have been recommended this place through a friend, and I can't recommend it enough! It's rather pricey, but one thing they do is really listen to what you want (I find a lot of hairdressers don't do this...I'm sure you've been in that situation where you ask for an inch off and they take three...why God why?). Also, I don't know what they use, but I find that my hair manages to retain its soft texture even with the colour that I get put in. This time around, I wanted a slightly lighter brown colour than I usually get, just in time for spring! I also got the dye starting higher up my hair, rather than the dip dye I usually get, so I'm now officially a "caramel". Do caramels have more fun? I guess I'll find out!





I Am Wearing

Floral Dress- Asos
Boots - Missguided
Necklace - Topshop
Lipstick - No7

After our hair was done, Eve and I popped a few doors down to feed our groaning tums, and discovered our new favourite place to eat. Gails. They have everything from chocolate brownies to cake to coconut macaroons to smoothies to healthy pots of love. It's honestly incredible and I think I'll try and make it a weekly place to visit, even if just for a coffee which I've yet to try! (I've heard great things from my auntie who, like me, is a bit of a coffee connoisseur).



Apologies for my "Salad Fingers" (who remembers this cartoon from YouTube? "The feeling of rusty spoons against my salad fingers is almost orgasmic...I must find the perfect spoon". Errrr okay, this dude is almost as strange as me!)


I went for the parmesan chicken with some sort of 'healthy' deliciousness to accompany it in the form of kale and bulgar wheat...say what? I also tried a 'Lemon, Jasmine & Earl Grey Iced Tea' as the sun was shining and iced caffeine delicacies are my fave. It sounded odd but tasted amazing and healthy. I felt as if it was cleansing my body from all the alcohol, pizza and nutella I had consumed the night before! (Or maybe this was just wishful thinking).

Mmm Nutella, my mouth is watering at the thought of it.

Oh, and I may have purchased a coconut macaroon upon leaving...I know I'm supposed to be off artificial sugars for the Lenten period but I couldn't resist. Plus, they said 'gluten free', and when I asked what they were made of, the woman replied 'just coconut'. She failed to mention the no doubt copious amount of sugar that stuck the perfect little snowball-like treats together...but I chose to believe her anyways to lessen the guilt!

On Wednesday I ventured into Topshop on the way home from work. Sneezing and full of flu, mind you, but no amount of sickliness can keep me away from my favourite clothes shop! Their spring collection is beautiful; full of floral dresses, bright structured tops, pastel jumpers and these beauts:




 I need these boyfriend jeans and Breton top combo in my life. The boyfriend jeans were so so comfortable. I think they will be replacing leggings, my usual go-to staple!

Payday, I need you more than Kim Kardashian needs her daily instagram fix (I know I know, I can't talk).

One more thing. I started a 14 Day Teatox on Monday (not gonna lie, they had me pretty much sold on the pretty pink packaging). I'm now five days in and I don't feel much different but my skin is definitely clearer. I'll do a review on it when the fourteen days are up.


 Kisses XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment