Monday 26 May 2014

OOTD: "Chilled" Friday Night with Laura

Happy Bank Holiday Monday everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. This is mainly due to the fact that my camera (well, my sister's camera which I have adopted) went for a walkabout and has only just returned to us. But that's a story for another day. 

The words 'chilled' and 'Friday' are rarely used in the same sentence, particularly when it comes to me and Laura! But a few weeks ago we were discussing alcohol, its highs and (mostly) lows, and made a pact to lay off the merry/ toxic substance for a while! So Friday night we put our willpower to the test and decided we'd have a chilled evening at The Ship in Wandsworth.


We set some ground rules: 

1) We'd stick to red wine and vodka.
I've become a bit obsessed with Madeleine Shaw's blog and after reading her most recent post, The Clean Drinking Bible, I realised that I've been very mistaken about the 'healthier' alcoholic beverages to consume. I knew that red wine contains less sugar than white wine, and that spirits generally come with fewer calories and less of a hangover than beer and white wine (my downfall) but I always thought that gin and 'slimline' tonics were the 'healthiest' drink out there. Oh, I was wrong! 

2) We'd be home by 2am. 
One of the reasons we were set on just a few drinks and an earlyish night (for us anyway!) was the dreaded hangover. I don't know if it's just worsened x1000 because I'm now 23? But nowadays, not only do they last the next day, but I'm almost always not back to my perky self two days later. Starting to feel like it's not worth it for a few extra drinks! 

3) We would not end up in Cafe de Sol on Clapham High Street.
Too many times have we ended up in this place, most often after a bar crawl around Clapham. Why? I don't know, but I've come to loathe it. It's crammed, sticky and full of hazy memories. And I always wake up regretting it the next day. 

Here's what I wore: 







I Am Wearing: 

Top - Forever 21 
Jeans - Topshop
Blazer - Primark 
Bag - Primark 
Shoes - River Island 
Nail Varnish - 'Buff' by Topshop
Rings - H&M
Necklace - Primark 
Lipstick - 'Infrared' by Topshop

So how did our night turn out?

Well..... 

1) We got back to mine at 4am. 2 hours late for our curfew (I feel like Cinderella) ...hmm, it could've been 6am I suppose?

2) We stuck to red wine, vodka, and one little sol may have made an appearance towards the end of the night. Not bad! The rule didn't say how much red wine and vodka we were allowed to consume...

3) We didn't end up in Cafe de Sol - yaaaayy! However, after a few drinks at The Ship, we did end up on Clapham High street at The Landor pub to meet some friends, and then went on to The Clapham North instead, as it's open until 3am. Still, we technically stuck to this rule, even if our venture to The Clapham North was just another excuse to parrrrtay. A girl's gotta live a little. 

Hey, progress is progress.

It's alllll about the baby steps...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment