Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Madeleine Shaw Post #1: Cauliflower Pizza

I've always been a fan of Madeleine Shaw and her inspiring recipes, but it's not until recently that I have decided to try some out for myself! 

I was intrigued by the 'cauliflower pizza' which she continually swears by, but always thought they'd be quite tricky to make so was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy these babies are to make from scratch! This was my finished masterpiece: 


To make 2 pizza bases you will need: 

1 cauliflower
2 eggs
1 tbsp oregano
3 tbsp's ground almonds (you can also use buckwheat or quinoa flour) 
Salt & pepper
Coconut oil to brush over the bases before baking 




...As you can see we ran out of baking paper so I oiled up some foil...I do not recommend this as it proved rather tricky to separate the base and foil once cooked! They definitely connected during their quick 20 minute bonding sesh in the oven #bezzies. 

Simply take the bases out of the oven after 20 minutes, add your toppings, and place them back in the oven for a further 5-10 mins, depending on how well done you like your toppings to be.

Toppings I used: 

Pancetta
Mushrooms
Onion
Cherry Tomatoes
Rosemary
Basil
...and of course grated parmesan to top it off!


My sister opted for melted mozzarella, onions, peppers and a biiiig old pile of rocket. 




So there we have it. Dairy and gluten free pizza! 

And for those trying to be a little healthier, or just simply to beat the bloat...it's a great way of still being able to enjoy everybody's favourite! Oh, and I know what you're thinking. Cauliflower base= ew? But it tastes really good! You wouldn't even know it was cauliflower really...

For Madeleine's recipe, click here. (she also very recently made another one with the same cauliflower base but instead topped with prawns and sweet potaaaato here- I will be trying this next!) 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment